Continence Advisory Service – Adult
• Contact 01621 727211 – Enquiries & referrals
• Fax : 01245 397763
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Address : Continence Service
St Peter’s Hospital
Adults registered with a GP in the NHS Mid Essex area.
We treat or support:
• Urinary and faecal problems/incontinence.
• Pelvic floor problems, including electrical stimulation treatment.
• Teaching and management of intermittent self-catheterisation.
• Selection and supply of continence products, in cases where specific criteria is met.
• Long-term management of incontinence.
• Education for carers and professionals.
We are not able to treat people with indwelling urinary catheters.
Our service is provided by a clinical nurse specialist, continence adviser, continence nurses, associate practitioner and healthcare support workers.
Our service runs clinics on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, at these venues:
• South Woodham Ferrers
You can refer yourself directly by calling us on the telephone number listed in the contacts box on this page.
You can be referred by any healthcare professional, such as your GP, a practice nurse, hospital, social services department, district nurse, health visitor, midwife, care agency or residential home. They must fax or post a letter to us.
The average time from referral to first appointment (assessment) is two weeks for home visits
Customer Survey Results for this Service
• 98% said the service was reliable.
• 96% said they were treated with sensitivity, respect and understanding.
• 95% said they were treated with privacy and dignity.
• 90% said their care was tailored to their individual needs.
• 89% said any answers to questions they had were easy to understand
Providing a broad range of community services across Essex, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, as well as the London boroughs of Waltham Forest and Redbridge.