NORTH ESSEX PARTNERSHIP FOUNDATION TRUST – NEPFT
- We offer a full assessment, diagnostic, treatment and support service to anyone experiencing memory difficulties for the whole of Mid Essex irrespective of age.
- Access to our service is usually through your GP with a very strong emphasis on supporting carers and families of the person diagnosed with dementia.
- When we receive a referral we check that all the information we need is attached. We then contact you or a family member to arrange an assessment. This could be in your own home or in a clinic.
- This assessment can take between 1 and 2 hours and we will ask you about your memory, medical, personal and psychiatric history. We will also offer a full carer’s assessment at this time.
- Your assessment will then be fully discussed in one of our team meetings and usually an MRI or CT scan of your head will be requested.
- Once this scan has been completed and the results are received we will invite you and your chosen family member/s to an appointment to see one of our Doctors to discuss your diagnosis.
- If it is not clear what your diagnosis is we will refer to our Neuropsychologists for further in depth testing and once complete we will arrange an appointment with our Doctors.
- In the meeting to discuss your diagnosis we will explain your specific diagnosis in depth.
- We will discuss starting medication if suitable.
- We will offer specialist advice and support and refer onto other services if required.
- We can offer support from our Alzheimer’s workers and we run cognitive stimulation therapy groups and carer’s educational groups that you and your family/carers may wish to join.
- We will concentrate on you living well with dementia.
- We will offer you and your family support and advice.