WHERE IS THE CARE SAY: THERE ARE ORGS LIKE THIS IN YOUR TOWN/AREA – ASK YOUR LOCAL COUNCIL – AND SEE WHAT SUPPORT THEY CAN GIVE YOU – UNPAID CARER FAMILIES OF ELDERLY/VULNERABLE PEOPLE NEED ALL SUPPORT THEY CAN GET! ORGs LIKE THIS HELPED US AS A FAMILY GREATLY.
(CARERS INFORMATION, ADVICE AND SUPPORT)
Thurrock based organisation offering a free confidential service to adult carers. If you are looking after someone and either you or them live in Thurrock we can support you.
The organisation is a formation of three local voluntary sector organisation coming together – Thurrock Mind, Thurrock Centre for Indpendent Living, Thurrock Lifestyle Solutions CIC.
The Service Aims and Commitments
• Support carers in their caring roles
• Provide carers with relevant information and advice
• Promote carers rights
• Ensure equality and dignity at all times
• Encourage carers and their cared for to maintain independence as long as possible
• To provide friendly, welcoming, knowledgeable staff
• Enable carers to talk openly in a confidential manner
• Enable carers to have and enjoy their life outside their caring role.
How we can support
• Information and Advice on local help and resources
• Training on variety of subjects
• Financial advice
• Work and study information and support
• Advice on your own health and well being
• Good links with local authority and health providers
• Undertaking carers assessments
• Support for loss of loved ones if they move to residential care
• Helping you at meetings with professionals
• Events throughout the year for carers week/carers rights day
• Social events and fun activities throughout the year
Phone: 01375 659172
Post: 152 Bridge Road, Grays, Essex, RM176DB