The Planning Groups bring together service users of Essex County Council (ECC), Essex residents and organisations in Essex that support people with specific requirements, often charitable organisations.
The groups will also invite other organisations such as Health, the Police and District/Borough Councils and Councillors to meetings.
The groups’ role is to represent the residents and services users of Essex by contributing their own and others’ everyday experiences helping to influence decision making.
The groups will often be engaged to inform consultations on changes to service delivery across a range of services.
The adult planning groups that are supported by the Community Involvement and Engagement Team within Essex County Council are as follows:
• Older People’s Planning Group (OP PG)
• Vision Impaired Planning Group (VI PG)
• Deafblind Planning Group (DB PG)
• Deaf Essex Access Forum (D.E.A.F Planning Group)
• Hard of Hearing Planning Group (HoH PG)
• Physical Impairment Planning Group (PI PG)
• Options for Independent Living (OIL) Transport Group
• OIL Rail Group (Rail)
• Sensory Conference 2015 Working Group (SC2015)
• Why Not? Group
The Chairs from these groups meet on a quarterly basis to ensure they making best use of their resources by working in partnership where appropriate, sharing knowledge and not duplicating activity.
If you would like further information regarding any of the planning groups, please get in contact with:
Essex County Council Community Engagement and Involvement Team
or email email@example.com.