Heard of “close care” housing for older people?  They are bungalows, apartments or flats linked to or on the same site as a care home. To rent or buy.  300 schemes in UK.  Particularly suitable for couples where one partner needs to be in a care home and the spouse does not, or where a frailer partner can live in the care home and have the full range of the support services they need, while the fitter person would live in independent accommodation in the grounds close by or someone with a diagnosis of a deteriorating condition, but wants to remain as independent as possible for as long as possible.  www.housingcare.org/guides/item-close-care-housing.aspx



Date Experience Happened

Not Supplied