Cameras needed ..
I worked in a dementia unit in a warden controlled home in this area with extra care. It was Council run.
These are some of the things that happened:
* Was getting a lady with dementia ready for bed and went to get her medication and as I went out of
room to get them, when I walked back in the lady said she had been hit by the other carer with me.
* I reported it.
* I got suspended for 6 months with pay.
* The other carer had been suspended 5 times to my knowledge. She still works there.
* She can do this because she is doing this to vulnerable people with dementia, where you cannot rely on what they say is true.
Cameras are needed in these places.
* Staff can be scared of another staff member who is intimidating like this one into not saying anything.
* Thought they say blow the whistle, they end up getting rid of you because you are reporting these things and they feel you are giving the place a bad name.